The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Timeline of events prior to and during The Office.
- Robert Mifflin is born.
- June 6: Ed Truck is born.
- Dunder Mifflin is founded.
- Michael appears on a children's TV show, Fundle Bundle, along with future Scranton news weather-caster Chet Montgomery.
- Michael's mother marries a man named Jeff; Michael acts as ring-bearer but wets his pants in the process.
- Michael has a series of terrible birthday parties.
- 1970 January 20: Dwight Schrute is born
- Robert Mifflin kills himself.
- Andy Bernard is born..
- October 1: Jim Halpert is born.
- March 25: Pam Beesly is born.
- February: Kelly Kapoor is born
- Ed Truck is promoted to Regional Manager of Dunder Mifflin Scranton.
- October: Jim's father takes him to the Natural History Museum in New York to celebrate his 7th birthday.
- May 1: Kelly Erin Hannon is born
- Todd Packer is hired at Dunder Mifflin.
- Dwight starts working at Dunder Mifflin as a salesman.
- Phyllis starts working at Dunder Mifflin as a saleswoman.
- Pam starts working at Dunder Mifflin as the receptionist.
- Angela starts working at Dunder Mifflin as an accountant.
- Oscar starts working at Dunder Mifflin as an accountant.
- Kelly starts working at Dunder Mifflin as a customer service rep.
- July: Creed is hired at Dunder Mifflin.
- Michael is hired at Dunder Mifflin as a salesman.
- Andy Bernard graduates from Cornell
- Roy Anderson qualifies to play in the Scranton All City football 1st Team
- April: Kelly Kapoor is admitted to Berks County Youth Center
- Jim starts working at Dunder Mifflin as a salesman.
- Michael makes a promise to a group of third graders that he will pay their college tuition. The school names a library after him. Scott's Tots is founded.
- Roy and Pam are engaged.
- Kevin starts working at Dunder Mifflin.
- For Halloween, Michael goes as Monica Lewinski.
- For Halloween, Michael goes as Monica Lewinski again.
Season 1 of the show:
- Spring: The documentary crew arrives at the office. Ryan Howard is hired at the Scranton branch as a temporary employee. Rumors of downsizing begin to circulate (Pilot). Michael delegates to Dwight the task of picking the office health care plan ("Health Care").
- May: Michael challenges the warehouse workers to a basketball game ("Basketball"). Jim hits it off with Katy, a purse saleswoman who visits the office; they begin dating ("Hot Girl").
- The 8th Dundies are organised ("The Dundies")
- June: Michael closes on a new condominium and meets Carol Stills, his realtor ("Office Olympics").
- September: Ryan accidentally sets a cheese pita on fire in the kitchen, earning him the nickname "Fire Guy". Ryan gets into business school ("The Fire").
- October 31: Michael reluctantly fires Devon on orders from corporate on Halloween ("Halloween").
- November: Michael and his boss Jan have a non-sexual one-night stand after closing with a major client ("The Client"). Also, Dwight and Angela hook up at Jim's party ("Email Surveillance"). They continue to see each other secretly.
- December: Michael fouls up Secret Santa by buying a $400 iPod for Ryan after it was established that there was a $20 limit ("Christmas Party").
- January: Pam and Roy set a date for their wedding for June 10, 2006. The same night, Jim breaks up with Katy ("Booze Cruise").
- February 14: Michael accidentally reveals his hookup with Jan to the other regional managers at a meeting in New York ("Valentine's Day").
- March 15: Michael's birthday is ruined by Kevin's skin cancer scare. Michael runs into Carol at a skating rink and makes a good impression ("Michael's Birthday").
- April: Tensions occur between Jim and Pam when she learns he complained (but later redacted it) to Toby about her planning her wedding during work ("Conflict Resolution").
- May: Jim and Pam share a kiss. Pam resolves to still marry Roy. Jim is offered-and accepts a promotion at the Stamford branch. After being rejected by Jan, Michael invites Carol to the business park's casino night, which turns into their first date. (Jan changes her mind, and also attends the casino night) ("Casino Night").
- Summer: Pam calls off her wedding with Roy. Jim transfers to Stamford. Ryan becomes a full employee of Dunder Mifflin ("Gay Witch Hunt").
- September: Oscar is "outed" by Michael and takes a three-month paid vacation and car offered by Jan in return for not suing the company ("Gay Witch Hunt").
- October: Former Scranton branch manager Ed Truck dies in an accident ("Grief Counseling"). Michael proposes to Carol unsuccessfully. Pam realizes her feelings for Jim ("Diwali").
- November: The Stamford branch is closed when Josh accepts a job offer from Staples. Jim, Andy, Karen, and three others transfer to Scranton; one gets fired on the first day. Jim and Karen start dating in the weeks after he returns to Scranton ("The Merger"). Andy sets his sights on Angela ("The Convict").
- December: Carol breaks up with Michael. Michael invites Jan to accompany him on his Sandals Jamaica vacation in January; she accepts ("A Benihana Christmas").
- January: Upon his return from vacation, Michael accidentally releases a compromising photo of himself and Jan in Jamaica. ("Back From Vacation").
- March: Oscar returns from his vacation and joins the Party Planning Committee per Angela's request. Dwight quits his job at Dunder Mifflin and works as a sales associate at Staples. Michael begins to miss Dwight and gets him back. Michael starts to get Annoyed by Andy giving him constant attention and confronts him about it. Jim and Pam plan to prank Andy by hiding his phone. Andy has a rage attack over the prank and is sent to anger management ("The Return").
- April: Phyllis marries Bob Vance (Vance Refrigeration) and takes a six-week honeymoon. Pam and Roy get back together at the wedding ("Phyllis' Wedding"). Roy attempts to assault Jim after Pam tells him of her kiss with Jim a year before. Roy is fired. Pam and Roy's relationship ends again ("The Negotiation").
- May: David Wallace recruits Michael for Jan's job, and Jim and Karen interview for it as well ("Beach Games"). Jan is fired after a breakdown and moves in with Michael. Ryan Howard becomes the new vice president for the Northeast Region and Director of New Media, and part of his duties include Jan's old job. Karen leaves Scranton and transfers to Utica (where she is later promoted to regional manager) after Jim abandons her in New York on his way to ask out Pam. Jim and Pam begin dating secretly ("The Job"). One week later, Jim buys an engagement ring for Pam ("Goodbye, Toby")
- September: Jim and Pam go public with their relationship ("Dunder Mifflin Infinity"). Michael accidentally hits Meredith with his car and holds a charity fun run. Dwight and Angela end their relationship after Dwight euthanized Angela's cat Sprinkles ("Fun Run").
- October: Dunder Mifflin Infinity is launched with initial success ("Launch Party"). Michael takes a second job as a telemarketer to finance Jan's exorbitant spending habits. Michael attempts to declare bankruptcy ("Money").
- November: Jan tries to sue Dunder Mifflin. Michael testifies in the deposition, defending the company ("The Deposition"). Soon after, Michael and Jan's relationship ends after a disastrous dinner party at Michael's condo ("Dinner Party").
- Winter: Michael stays at Schrute Farms due to his separation with Jan ("Chair Model").
- April: Dunder Mifflin Infinity is in trouble, due to sexual predators in the ill-advised social network. Ryan orders the Scranton branch to list sales they make on the phone as website sales to improve its reputation. Ryan is revealed to be into the New York club scene and a cocaine user after a surprise visit by Dwight and Michael ("Night Out"). Ryan begins plotting to fire Jim ("Did I Stutter?"). Ryan is exposed for misleading the shareholders (fraud) and was arrested.("Goodbye, Toby")
- May: Toby leaves for Costa Rica, replaced by Holly Flax. At the farewell party, Andy (taking advantage of fireworks Jim purchased) proposes to Angela, who accepts, then immediately begins an illicit affair with Dwight. Jan is revealed to be pregnant via artificial insemination. Michael and Holly hit it off even as Michael agrees to help Jan through the birthing process ("Goodbye, Toby").
- May : Pam takes a leave of absence to attend a three-month design program at the Pratt Institute in New York ("Weight Loss").
- July: Pam leaves for art school. Ryan returns to Scranton, and under the same temp agency, is hired by Michael back to Dunder Mifflin as the replacement receptionist for Pam's short-lived first replacement, Ronni (whom Michael thought was too boring) ("Weight Loss").
- August: Jim proposes to Pam at a rest stop between Scranton and New York, and she accepts ("Weight Loss").
- Fall: Jan has her baby and the office holds a baby shower ("Baby Shower"). Holly and Michael begin dating but she is transferred back to the Nashua branch after her relationship with Michael is discovered ("Crime Aid")("Employee Transfer").
- November: Pam fails art school and decides to return to Scranton rather than stay for another three months ("Business Trip"). Toby returns to Dunder-Mifflin Scranton as HR rep from under Michael's nose, Jim and Pam move into his parents' house after he buys it from them as a surprise for Pam ("Frame Toby"). Dwight and Angela continue hooking up even though Angela is engaged to Andy.
- December: Phyllis reveals Dwight and Angela's relationship to the entire office except Andy ("Moroccan Christmas").
- January: Seventeen days after Angela's infidelity becomes public, Michael tells Andy, who then challenges Dwight to a duel. The wedding is called off and Dwight throws away the Dwight bobblehead Angela gave him for Valentine's Day three years ago ("The Duel"). Dwight pretends to burn down the office building as a safety lesson. Stanley has a heart-attack. Michael holds a roast of himself to raise morale. Pam's parents separate ("Stress Relief").
- February: Pam travels with Michael and the other DM branches to share his success secrets; at the Utica branch, Karen is revealed to be eight months pregnant and married. This grants Pam closure in the former Karen/Jim relationship ("Lecture Circuit Part 1"). In taking an impromptu detour to Nashua, they discover Holly has a serious relationship with a salesman at the branch. Michael finds a letter to him on Holly's computer and has Pam read it for him as to not break Holly's trust. Pam discloses to Michael that it's not over and she still has feelings for him ("Lecture Circuit Part 2"). On Valentine's Day, Michael develops a crush on a woman next to him in a blood drive van in front of the building, and finds her glove after she leaves. He throws a singles event to try to bring her out, but is unsuccessful ("Blood Drive").
- March: On March 4, Michael is inspired by Willy Wonka and accidentally gives Blue Cross of Pennsylvania five 10% off coupons ("Golden Ticket"). Outside-hire Charles Miner becomes Ryan's replacement and on a trip to Scranton dissolves the Party Planning Committee and cancels Michael's 15th anniversary party. Michael travels to New York to complain to David Wallace about Charles when he is unable to get him on the phone the whole day, and after reaching a settlement, Michael declares that he quits ("New Boss"). He gave his two weeks notice and tries to steal clients for a new company. He is caught by Charles and must leave. Pam follows him, and Ryan is hired from a bowling alley as his salesmen ("Two Weeks"). Michael Scott founds The Michael Scott Paper Company ("Dream Team"). Erin Hannon is hired as Pam's replacement ("Michael Scott Paper Company").
- April: The Michael Scott Paper Company goes under. Michael is able to get his old job back and has Pam and Ryan rejoin as salesmen ("Broke").
- May: Pam finds out she is pregnant after a volleyball injury at the company picnic. During a standup routine at the picnic, Holly and Michael accidentally reveal that the Buffalo branch is closing ("Company Picnic").
- Summer: It is revealed that the branches at Camden and Yonkers had been closed ("Company Picnic").
- September: Most of the Scranton office discovers that Pam is pregnant after Michael begins spreading rumors about everyone, after none of them include him on the rumor-mill spurred by the summer interns ("Gossip"). Jim becomes a co-manager of the office ("The Meeting").
- October: The office, led by Dwight, revolt against Jim ("The Promotion"). Jim and Pam marry ("Niagara"). Dwight and Andy convince Michael that his insurance salesman is in the mafia ("Mafia") and the office holds a haunted Halloween for the community ("Koi Pond").
- November: Dwight continues to try to overthrow Jim ("Double Date") and it is found out that Dunder-Mifflin will be insolvent by the end of the year. The office participates in a murder game and since Scranton is still making profits ("Murder"), Michael is invited to the shareholder meeting and makes up a 45 Day, 45 point, 1 point per day plan. ("Shareholder Meeting").
- December: The ten years are up since Michael made a promise to a group of kids to pay their tuition, however he cannot pay and goes with Erin to explain. Dwight almost overthrows Jim, but fails, after Jim takes Dwight's idea in creating a rigged employee of the month program ("Scott's Tots"). The office has a Christmas Party and Michael and Phyllis are santas. Dunder-Mifflin is purchased by Sabre, leading to the firing of Dunder-Mifflin's upper management ("Secret Santa"). Dunder Mifflin changes its focus from paper to printers. ("Sabre").
- Additionally, Jim, after realizing that he will have a family soon, sells his Saab 9-2x and Pam's Toyota Yaris for a brand new silver 2010 Subaru Outback which he shares with Pam. However, it is not known when specifically he bought it, but it most likely occurs between "Company Picnic" and "The Promotion", which is the end of S5 and beginning of S6.
- January: Gabe Lewis joins the Scranton Branch as the new VP in charge of operations in the northeast ("Sabre").
- February: Jo Bennett, CEO of Sabre decides to keep only one Regional Manager and puts Michael back on sales. Both Michael and Jim are unhappy with this decision and switch jobs ("Manager and Salesman").
- March: Pam gives birth to Cecelia Halpert and goes on maternity leave ("The Delivery"). Darryl Philbin is promoted and becomes Head of Shipping and Distribution, taking Jim's old office ("St. Patrick's Day"). Sabre's policies create problems between the salespeople and the rest of the staff ("New Leads").
- April: The office celebrates "Secretary's Day" and Pam returns from maternity leave ("Secretary's Day")
- Summer: Michael hires his nephew, who is extremely incompetent. Michael physically abuses him and is forced to go through counseling sessions with Toby ("Nepotism").
- September: Pam is "promoted" to Office Administrator ("Counseling").
- October: Dunder Mifflin hires Danny Cordray as a new traveling salesman ("The Sting").
- November: Ryan decides to get investors for the WUPHF Empire. But fails to continue empire and all investors opt out ("WUPHF.com").
- December: Toby takes a leave of absence to be a juror on the case of the Scranton Strangler and is once again replaced by Holly ("Classy Christmas").
- January: Todd Packer is hired as a permanent salesman at the Scranton branch but is tricked into going to Tallahassee to take a fake job at corporate ("Todd Packer").
- February: Michael Scott becomes engaged to Holly Flax ("Garage Sale") and moves to Boulder, Colorado to start a new life, and care for Holly's parents ("Goodbye, Michael"). Michael is replaced by Deangelo Vickers, played by Will Ferrell ("Training Day").
- Deangelo suffers an accident ("The Inner Circle") and is replaced by Dwight Schrute (acting manager) ("Dwight K. Schrute, (Acting) Manager") and eventually Robert California ("The List").
- Gabe is transferred back to Tallahassee ("Search Committee").
- Robert California becomes CEO of Sabre and names Andy Bernard the new Regional Manager of the Scranton Branch ("The List").
- August: The warehouse crew of the Scranton Branch win the lottery and quit. New employees are hired to replace them ("Lotto").
- September: Andy hosts a garden party in order to impress his parents ("Garden Party").
- October: The office hosts another halloween party in which Andy reveals his relationship to Erin ("Spooked")
- November: Cathy Simms is hired as Pam's temporary replacement since Pam is pregnant ("Pam's Replacement").
- December: Andy introduces his girlfriend Jessica to the office ("Christmas Wishes")
- January: Angela gives birth to her first child, Philip. ("Jury Duty")
- February: Sabre decides to open a chain of retail stores. Dwight is put in charge of assembling a team to work in Tallahassee for three weeks ("Special Project").
- March: Dwight is offered to be the new VP of Sabre Retail, but the whole project was a scam planned by Robert California and Nellie Bertram, VP of Special Projects, and Dwight would be the scapegoat. Jim stops Dwight from giving his presentation and Todd Packer is fired instead. The project is scratched ("Last Day in Florida"). Erin Hannon quits to stay in Florida. Andy goes after her. Nellie moves to Scranton and usurps Andy's job with Robert's blessing ("Get the Girl").
- Spring: Robert California accidentally closes the Binghamton branch, which ignites a sales war between the Scranton and Syracuse branches. ("Turf War"). Jo Bennett decides to liquidate Sabre, Dunder Mifflin is bought by David Wallace, who becomes the new owner, CEO and CFO and makes Andy manager once again. Andy allows Nellie to stay as Head of Special Projects ("Free Family Portrait Studio").
- Summer: Kelly Kapoor quits and moves to Ohio, Ryan follows her. Clark Green and Pete Miller are hired as customer service reps. ("New Guys")
- November: After a family crisis, Andy abandons his job for three months without telling David to sail his family's boat to the Caribbean ("The Boat"). Nellie commissions Pam to paint a mural in the warehouse as a new special project ("The Target").
- December: Jim starts working part-time at Dunder Mifflin in order to open a business in Philadelphia ("Dwight Christmas").
- January: Clark is promoted to Junior Salesman ("Junior Salesman"). The warehouse mural is vandalised by a warehouse employee who then attempts to attack Pam and is promptly fired ("Vandalism").
- February: Pete begins dating Erin ("Moving On").
- March: The promos for the documentary start being released ("Promos").
- April: Jim returns to Dunder Mifflin full-time. Andy Bernard quits to pursue a career in the entertainment business. Dwight Schrute becomes the new Regional Manager ("Livin' the Dream").
- May: Darryl Philbin quits to work for Athlead full-time. The documentary crew conclude their 8-year filming period with Dunder Mifflin and premieres The Office: An American Workplace on PBS ("A.A.R.M.").
- Summer/Fall:Devon White is rehired, Kevin and Toby are fired, Stanley retires ("Finale").
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.