First mentioned in Branch Wars, The Finer Things Club is considered by some to be the most exclusive club in the office. They meet once a month to discuss books and art and celebrate culture "in a very civilized way." As stated by Pam, "there is no paper, no plastic and no work talk allowed."
Andy desperately wants to be a part of the Finer Things Club, but is never granted membership. When Jim is granted membership, he squanders it by only pretending to read Angela's Ashes while making a mockery of the club.
Club Reading ListEdit
- A Room With A View by E.M. Forster
- Memoirs Of A Geisha by Arthur Golden
- Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt.
- During preparation, Pam is listening to "The Four Seasons" by Vivaldi.
- In Branch Wars, Oscar claims that besides having sex with men, the Finer Things Club is the gayest thing about him.
- The Finer Things Club reappears in a deleted scene from Lecture Circuit Part 2. Oscar and Toby wear silk Chinese caps and eat steamed dumplings while they discuss the book The Rape of Nanking.