Meredith has two kids. Her son, Jebediah, lives with her.("Take Your Daughter to Work Day") Her daughter ('the good one') lives with her ex-husband. ("The Accountants: Meredith") In the episode "Take Your Daughter to Work Day", she brings her pet monkey, who has been suspended from school. He flings candies at Michael while he's trying to make a move on Pam, and he also addresses Dwight as Mister Poop. He shows a lot of interest when Pam offers to blow him.
Meredith's alcoholism sometimes affects her job performance. In one episode she passes out with her head on her desk. In another, after a party in the office, she combines her drinking with her crush on Michael by appearing topless in front of him in his office after everyone else has left. Michael responds by taking a picture, then saying goodnight and leaving.
Meredith apparently also has some kinky sexual interests based on the scene in the episode when Michael tells the girls that Jan likes some unusual, even "dangerous" sexual practices. Pam says "Normal women don't do those things" and the expression on Meredith's face at this point seems to indicate that she thinks Pam has led a sheltered life.
Meredith had had a hysterectomy, and Dwight is somewhat confused as to what this means, believing her to have no vagina.("Health Care") Michael makes the entire office throw a month-early birthday party for Meredith, in hopes of boosting morale and relieving the stress from downsizing rumors. Unfortunately, it was not much of a success, especially because Michael makes fun of her age in one of his many unintentionally offensive jokes. In a deleted scene, a joke about her hysterectomy doesn't go over well, sending her crying into the arms of coworkers.("The Alliance")
Her alcohol problems are not revealed in the first season, although they were hinted at in her character photo, in which a shot glass sits on the table in front of her as she tries to hide a bottle of whiskey.
When Michael reads what Jim wrote on Meredith's card, he says that she is an accountant but later she is made out to be the Customer Relations/Purchasing.
Throughout Season Two, the writers gradually introduced Meredith's drinking problem to the viewers, although it is hardly a secret to the rest of the Dunder Mifflin staff, who even take advantage of it to manipulate her. Meredith joins Alcoholics Anonymous and attempts to follow through on her New Year's resolutions to quit drinking but does not succeed. She also made another resolution for 2006 that she would stay away from alcohol "during the week". A scene in which a drunk Meredith lifts her top was deleted from "Email Surveillance," but the writers were so taken with the idea they incorporated it into her character. She exposes her breasts to Michael in the closing moments of "Christmas Party". In "Booze Cruise" she is briefly seen topless except for a life preserver. Her son Jake is introduced in "Take Your Daughter to Work Day", where she tells the cameras it works out perfectly having her son there, because he's suspended from school and this way she doesn't have to hire a babysitter. In a deleted scene from "Casino Night" she confesses to not remembering men with whom she has had sex while drunk.
In Season Three, Meredith is caught eating Angela Martin's waterless hand sanitizer (which is alcohol-based) in the season premiere, and her excitement over merger-day champagne was quickly quashed by Michael who says the beverages are for "guests only." In "Branch Closing", she recalls a past agreement with a coworker to have sex together on the last day of work, but can't remember who she made the deal with. During a deleted scene from "Back From Vacation," Meredith implies her tendency to sleep around was worth it because she also "got to see the world". She joins Pam and Karen's party in "A Benihana Christmas" because it has alcohol. She declines the margaritas, saying that they are too sweet, and takes a bottle of vodka. In "Ben Franklin" she yells "Shut up, Angela!" when Angela says a male stripper has no business dancing in the office. In "Women's Appreciation", she is seen as a careless driver, with one hand controlling the steering wheel, while the other hand is holding a bag of potato chips over her head, pouring its contents directly into her mouth. Afterward, she tosses the empty potato chip bag out the window. When Pam, sitting in the passenger seat, cautions her to not be a litterbug, Meredith replies, "My car, my rules". In a later scene at the Steamtown Mall parking lot, she attempts to wedge her minivan into too small a parking space, damaging several cars in the process. In "Beach Games" she accidentally exposes herself to the camera after forgetting she was not wearing her swimsuit underneath her clothes. In another scene, she orders for the bus to stop because she needs to use the bathroom, even though there are no bathrooms in sight. But instead of going behind a bush she instantly squats right in front of the bus to which everyone looks away in disgust (except Creed). In "The Job," she describes Jim's haircut as "sexy-hot" and orders him to turn around so she can see it from all angles. When discussing Jan's breast implants in a talking head interview, Meredith comments, "in my experience, guys are more interested in the back of you than in the front".
In the first episode of Season Four, Michael strikes Meredith as he drives into work, cracking her pelvis. The entire staff later visits her in the hospital. Michael bothers her to forgive him for the incident and she initially refuses, but after hearing about the "Rabies Awareness Fun Run" he put together in her "honor", she tells him he's forgiven. Upon returning to the office in the third episode of the season, she approaches Jim and requests that he sign her cast — which is on her crotch — and tells him in a whisper she especially appreciated him coming to visit her at the hospital, suggesting she finds him attractive. Jim signs awkwardly while Creed leers on in the background. During the making of Michael's alternative local Dunder Mifflin ad, Meredith notes she is not used to making videos "with so many people around" and later gives Jim a ride home from work when Pam stays late to work on the ad.
In the episode Morrocan Christmas, Meredith sets her hair on fire during a drunken belly dance. The employees of Dunder-Mifflin then stage and intervention, where Michael tries to convince her to stop drinking. Michael tells Meredith that they will go to a bar, but instead takes her to a rehab. Michael is dissapointed when he discovers that you can't just sign someone up for rehab, but that they have to reach rock bottom and do it themselves.
Meredith hates being a mother. ("Gossip") She tells Creed that she slept with him, before, however Creed doesn't remember. ("The Promotion") She smokes cigars and goes to Pam and Jim's wedding. ("Niagara")
She says she caught her son taking an "upper-decker". ("The Lover") She also says that she has had sex with a terrorist before, and also found the video of Michael falling into a koi pond. ("Koi Pond")
- Meredith is an alcoholic, even to the point of ingesting hand sanitizer.
- Meredith is a regular member of the Party Planning Committee, with the exception of her own surprise birthday party (in the episode "The Alliance").
- Meredith has two children; one daughter named Wendy(the good one) and one son Jake(the troublemaker).
- Meredith is usually seen playing solitaire on her computer instead of working
Meredith exposes her breasts to her co-workers and the camera crew.
- In "Christmas Party", a drunk Meredith flashes Michael.
- In "Booze Cruise", Meredith appears on the boat during the evacuation scare topless except for a life vest.
- In "Beach Games", Meredith lifts her shirt to show her bathing suit to the camera crew but inadvertently flashes them.
- In "Casual Friday", Meredith wears an extremely short dress without a bra or panties. When her coworkers tell her to pull her dress down, she exposes her breasts. When demanded to pull it up, she reveals her vagina. When it appears that she corrected it, she also shows her butt.
Meredith appears and speaks in all episodes with the following exceptions:
- "Pilot" - does not appear
- "Diversity Day" - has no lines
- "Basketball" - has no lines
- "Hot Girl" - has no lines
- "The Dundies" - has no lines
- "Halloween" - has no lines
- "The Fight" - speaks only in a deleted scene
- "The Client" - has no lines
- "Performance Review" - has no lines
- "Email Surveillance" - has no lines
- "The Secret" - has no lines
- "The Carpet" - has no lines
- "Dwight's Speech" - speaks only in a deleted scene
- "Drug Testing" - speaks only in a deleted scene
- "Conflict Resolution" - speaks only in a deleted scene
- "Gay Witch Hunt" - speaks only in a deleted scene
- "The Coup" - has no lines
- "Initiation" - has no lines
- "Branch Closing" - speaks only in a deleted subplot
- "Back From Vacation" - speaks only in a deleted subplot
- "Traveling Salesmen" - speaks only in a deleted scene
- "The Return" - speaks in the Producer's Cut
- "Cocktails" - speaks only in a deleted scene
- "The Negotiation" - has no lines
- "Safety Training" - has no lines
- "Product Recall" - has no lines
- "Dunder Mifflin Infinity" - does not appear (character is in the hospital)
- "Branch Wars" - speaks only in a deleted scene
- "Dinner Party" - has no lines
- "Chair Model" - has no lines
|Characters of The Office|
Michael Scott | Dwight Schrute | Jim Halpert | Pam Beesly | Ryan Howard | Andy Bernard | Kevin Malone | Stanley Hudson | Angela Martin | Phyllis Vance | Meredith Palmer | Creed Bratton | Oscar Martinez | Kelly Kapoor | Toby Flenderson | Darryl Philbin | Erin Hannon | Gabe Lewis
Jan Levinson | David Wallace | Nellie Bertram | Roy Anderson | Karen Filippelli | Robert California | Bob Vance | Hank Tate | Pete Miller | Clark Green | Nate Nickerson | Holly Flax | Todd Packer | Robert Lipton | Glenn | Mose Schrute | Cathy Simms