Meredith has two kids. Her son is with her. Her daughter ('the good one') is with her ex-husband. In the episode "Take our Daughters to Work Day," she brings her son, who has been suspended from school. He flings candies at Michael while he's trying to talk to Pam, and he also addresses Dwight as Mister Poop. He shows a lot of interest when Pam offers to show him how to shred papers. Meredith's alcoholism sometimes affects her job performance. In one episode she passes out with her head on her desk. In another, after a party in the office, she combines her drinking with her crush on Michael by appearing topless in front of him in Michael's office after everyone else has left. Michael becomes uneasy, says good night, and leaves. Meredith apparently also has some kinky sexual interests based on the scene in the episode when Michael tells the girls that Jan likes some unusual, even "dangerous" sexual practices. Pam says "Normal women don't do those things," and the expression on Meredith's face at this point seems to indicate that she thinks Pam has led a sheltered life.
In the episode "Health Care", it is revealed she had a hysterectomy, and Dwight Schrute is somewhat confused as to what this means, believing her to have no vagina. Michael Scott makes the entire office throw a month-early birthday party for Meredith in "The Alliance", in hopes of boosting morale and relieving the stress from downsizing rumors, although it was not much of a success, especially because Michael makes fun of her age in one of his many unintentionally offensive jokes, which he prepared and wrote down prior to the party. In a deleted scene, a joke about her hysterectomy doesn't go over well, sending her crying into the arms of coworkers. Her alcohol problems are not revealed in the first season. When Michael reads what Jim wrote on Meredith's card, he says that she is an accountant but later she is made out to be the Customer Relations/Purchasing.
In the second season, the writers gradually introduced Meredith's drinking problem to the viewers, although it is hardly a secret to the rest of the Dunder Mifflin staff, who even take advantage of it to manipulate her. Meredith joins Alcoholics Anonymous and attempts to follow through on her New Year's resolutions to quit drinking but does not succeed. She has also made another resolution for 2006 that she would stay away from alcohol "during the week." A scene in which a drunk Meredith lifts her top was deleted from "Email Surveillance," but the writers were so taken with the idea that they incorporated it into her character. She exposes her breasts to Michael in the closing moments of "Christmas Party", and in "Booze Cruise" she is briefly seen topless save for a life preserver. Her son Jake is introduced in Take Your Daughter To Work Day, where she tells the cameras that it works out perfectly having her son there, because he's suspended from school and this way she doesn't have to hire a babysitter. In a deleted scene from "Casino Night" she confesses to not remembering men with whom she has had sex while drunk.
- Meredith is an alcoholic.
- Meredith is a regular member of the Party Planning Committee, with the exception of her own surprise birthday party (in the episode The Alliance).
Meredith exposes her breasts to her co-workers and the camera crew.
- In Christmas Party, a drunk Meredith flashes Michael.
- In Booze Cruise, Meredith appears on the boat during Michael's motivational speech wearing a life vest.
- In Beach Games,, Meredith lifts her shirt to show her bathing suit to the camera crew but inadvertently flashes them.
Meredith appears and speaks in all episodes with the following exceptions:
- Pilot - does not appear
- Diversity Day - has no lines
- Basketball - has no lines
- Hot Girl - has no lines
- The Dundies - has no lines
- Halloween - has no lines
- The Fight - speaks only in a deleted scene
- The Client - has no lines
- Performance Review - has no lines
- Email Surveillance - has no lines
- The Secret - has no lines
- The Carpet - has no lines
- Dwight's Speech - speaks only in a deleted scene
- Drug Testing - speaks only in a deleted scene
- Conflict Resolution - speaks only in a deleted scene
- Gay Witch Hunt - speaks only in a deleted scene
- The Coup' - has no lines
- Initiation - has no lines
- Branch Closing - speaks only in a deleted subplot
- Back From Vacation - speaks only in a deleted subplot
- Traveling Salesmen - speaks only in a deleted scene
- The Return - speaks in the Producer's Cut
- Cocktails - speaks only in a deleted scene
- The Negotiation - has no lines
- Safety Training - has no lines
- Product Recall - has no lines
- Dunder Mifflin Infinity - does not appear (character is in the hospital)
- Branch Wars - speaks only in a deleted scene
- Dinner Party - has no lines
- Chair Model - has no lines
|Characters of The Office|
Michael Scott | Dwight Schrute | Jim Halpert | Pam Beesly | Ryan Howard | Andy Bernard | Kevin Malone | Stanley Hudson | Angela Martin | Phyllis Vance | Meredith Palmer | Creed Bratton | Oscar Martinez | Kelly Kapoor | Toby Flenderson | Darryl Philbin | Erin Hannon | Gabe Lewis
Jan Levinson | Roy Anderson | David Wallace | Nellie Bertram | Karen Filippelli | Robert California | Holly Flax | Pete Miller | Clark Green | Bob Vance | Todd Packer | Mose Schrute | Hank Tate | Nate Nickerson | Val Johnson | Robert Lipton | Cathy Simms | Helene Beesly | Glenn | Hidetoshi Hasagawa | Madge Madsen | Esther Bruegger | Nick | Jo Bennett | Deangelo Vickers | Charles Miner
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found