What you need to know in twenty-five words or less.
In 25 words or less: The first season lays the groundwork for future events.
- All the main characters are introduced.
- Jim mentions how he would like to work somewhere else.
- The Scranton branch may be shut down.
- Ryan joins Dunder-Mifflin as a temporary employee.
- Jim begins dating Katy, the purse girl.
In twenty-five words or less: Pam and Roy's impending wedding forces Jim's hand. Michael develops an on-again-off-again relationship with Jan.
- Ryan begins attending business school at night.
- Jan is newly-divorced.
- Michael and Jan share a celebratory kiss and spend the night together.
- Michael considers Jan to be his girlfriend. Jan rejects the notion.
- Jim and Pam have an informal dinner together. Jim consider it a date. Pam rejects the notion.
- Michael and Jan's "relationship" (such as it is) is revealed to the office.
- Early hints of a Dwight/Angela romance.
- Pam discovers Dwight and Angela's secret romance.
- Pam and Roy set a date for their wedding.
- Jim breaks up with Katy.
- Jim confesses a former crush on Pam to Michael.
- Michael reveals Jim's crush on Pam to the entire office.
- Oscar is revealed to be gay, but nobody in the office finds out.
- Kelly develops a crush on Ryan. She is interested in a long-term relationship; Ryan wants something more casual.
- Kelly and Ryan finally hook up.
- Michael and Jan's "relationship" becomes known to Corporate.
- After Michael defuses the situation, Jan, in a moment of weakness, kisses him.
- Michael begins dating Carol Stills, his real estate agent.
- Jim confesses his feelings to Pam.
In 25 words or less: Pam, single again, must undertake a journey of self-discovery.
Gay Witch Hunt
- After Jim kisses Pam on Casino Night, Pam admits to having feelings for him as well but will not break off the wedding.
During the summer:
- Pam called off her wedding. She moved into her own apartment and began taking art classes.
- Jim transferred to the Stamford branch, joining new co-workers Karen and Andy.
- Ryan is now a full-time employee of Dunder-Mifflin.
- Phyllis becomes engaged to Bob Vance.
In this episode:
- Michael outs Oscar as gay.
- Oscar receives a three-month paid vacation as compensation for Michael's behavior.
- Dwight unsuccessfully attempts to usurp control of the branch from Michael.
- Karen begins developing feelings for Jim.
- Dwight mentions how competitors are using the Internet to make sales.
- Michael proposes to his girlfriend Carol Stills; she turns him down.
- The Scranton branch is saved and Stamford is closed, no thanks to Michael.
- Jim agrees to return to Scranton, and Karen decides to follow him.
- Jim, Karen, Andy, and a handful of other former Stamford employees move to Scranton.
- Pam's attempt to rekindle her relationship with Jim is thwarted when she discovers that Jim has a new girlfriend (Karen).
A Benihana Christmas
- Carol breaks up with Michael.
- Michael asks an unknown woman (revealed to be Jan) to accompany him on a tropical vacation.
Back from Vacation
- Jan dives headfirst into a relationship with Michael. Jan's downward spiral begins.
- Pam helps Jim resolve a relationship problem with Karen even though it means losing Jim's affections to Karen.
- Karen learns about Jim and Pam's past.
- Andy engineers Dwight's firing for perceived disloyalty.
- Oscar returns to work.
- Jim and Pam's prank on Andy causes him to lose his temper and get sent to anger management.
- Michael realizes his mistake and re-hires Dwight.
- Jim admits to Karen that he still has feelings for Pam.
- Pam inadvertently reveals to Karen that she still has feelings for Jim.
- Phyllis marries Bob Vance.
- Pam begins dating Roy again.
- Phyllis leaves on a six-week honeymoon.
- Only Roy, Oscar and Michael attend Pam's first art show.
- Ryan is moved to the annex next to Kelly.
- Jan and Michael make their relationship public.
- Pam resolves to be more assertive.
- Roy reacts violently when he learns of the Casino Night kiss. Pam breaks up with him on the spot.
- Roy attacks Jim and is fired.
- Roy tells Pam to pursue Jim.
- Phyllis returns from her honeymoon.
- Andy returns from anger management.
- Jan is controlling and demeaning in her relationship with Michael.
- Michael is unhappy with the relationship and is convinced to break up with Jan.
- Michael, Jim and Karen all apply for a new opening at Corporate headquarters.
- Pam tells Jim in front of the entire office that she misses his friendship.
- Jan wins Michael back with the help of breast augmentation surgery but at the cost of her job.
- Jim turns down the job, returns to Scranton, and asks Pam on a date. (She accepts.)
- The job goes to Ryan, who breaks up with Kelly on the spot.
In 25 words or less: Office relationships are sent on a roller coaster ride as Jim and Pam finally get together.
- The documentary crew discover Pam and Jim are dating.
- Karen has left the office.
- Dwight kills Angela's cat, severely damaging the relationship.
Dunder Mifflin Infinity
- Ryan announces a new website and business model for the company.
- Jim and Pam officially reveal to the office that they are dating.
- Angela breaks up with Dwight.
- A relationship between Kelly and Darryl is hinted.
- Andy begins to woo Angela.
- The first time Michael asks Jim and Pam for dinner.
- Angela allows Andy to ask her out.
- Darryl and Kelly are in a relationship.
- Dwight gets over his break-up with Angela.
- Jan sues Dunder Mifflin for wrongful termination.
- Michael turns against Jan in the case, evidently straining the relationship.
- Jan and Michael's relationship hits a brick wall.
- Michael breaks up with Jan and tries to find love again.
- Jim reveals that he plans to propose to Pam.
- Ryan has a drug problem.
- Dunder Mifflin Infinity is in trouble.
- Toby tries to hit on Pam, then announces he's moving to Costa Rica.
- The first instance in which Michael forgets that Jim and Pam are still dating.
Did I Stutter?
- Ryan actively plots against Jim.
- Toby leaves the office for good. Replaced by Holly Flax.
- Andy proposes to Angela, who reluctantly accepts.
- Phyllis discovers Dwight and Angela having sex in the office.
- Ryan is arrest for fraud.
- Jan is pregnant, but not with Michael's baby. He does offer to help raise it.
In 25 words or less: The Pam/Jim and Angela/Andy/Dwight relationships progress as Michael strides to form his own business.
- Jim finally proposes to Pam and she accepts.
- Michael realizes he has no connection to Jan's baby.
- Michael and Holly start dating.
- David Wallace is unhappy to find out that Michael is dating Holly
- Holly is transferred back to Nashua, causing her and Michael to end their relationship.
- Toby returns.
- Michael learns how much his co-workers hate him.
- Karen is married and pregnant. Her plotline is concluded when she expresses happiness for Jim and Pam's engagement.
- Holly is dating someone, but still has feelings for Michael.
- Pam is pregnant.
In 25 words or less: Problems at Dunder-Mifflin occur, and with a baby on the way, Jim and Pam try harder at jobs.
- The office learns that Pam is pregnant.
- Stanley is cheating on his wife.
- Jim is promoted.
- Jim and Pam get married.
- Michael begins to date Pam's mom.
- Dunder Mifflin will be insolvent by the end of the year.
- Dunder Mifflin has been bought out and everyone will keep their jobs.
- Sabre bought out Dunder Mifflin and the new CEO, Jo Bennett, and VP of Northeastern Sales, Gabe Louis both enter the Dunder Mifflin world.
- David is left crazy after his firing.
Manager and Salesman
- Jim is back as a salesman. Michael is the regional manager.
- Pam gives birth.
- Dwight and Angela draw a contract with intention of having a baby together.
St. Patrick's Day
- Darryl is promoted and starts working upstairs.
- Andy and Erin begin dating.
- Michael begins dating Donna.
In 25 words or less: Holly comes back from Nashua and resumes her relationship with Michael.
- Gabe and Erin begin dating.
- Pam tricks the office in order to become Office Administrator.
- Angela meets State Senator Robert Lipton.
- Toby announces another leave of absence to be a juror in the Scranton Strangler case.
- Holly Flax returns to replace Toby once again, much to Michael's happiness.
- Michael and Holly rekindle their relationship.
- Michael and Holly decide do move in together.
- It is revealed that Holly's parents are having a hard time taking care of themselves.
- Michael proposes do Holly and announces their move to Colorado so that Holly can take care of her parents.
- Deangelo Vickers is hired as Michael's replacement.
Michael's Last Dundies
- Michael hosts the Dundies for the last time.
- The office workers honor Michael with a rendition of Seasons of Love.
- Michael leaves for Colorado to be with Holly. Steve Carrel's last appearance as regular cast member.
- Jim, Gabe and Toby search for a new Regional Manager after Deangelo suffers an accident.
In 25 words or less: The workers learn to deal with an eccentric new boss. Dunder-Mifflin returns home.
- Robert California, the newly appointed Regional Manager, concinves Jo Bennet to make him CEO of Sabre.
- Andy becomes the new Regional Manager.
- The warehouse crew win the lottery and quit, causing Darryl to seriously rethink his life.
- Angela gives birth to her son with the Senator.
- Dwight firmly believes the baby is his.
- Dwight, Jim, Ryan, Stanley and Erin leave for Tallahassee to work on a special project for 3 weeks.
Get the Girl
- Andy goes to Florida to convince Erin to return to Scranton.
- Nellie is transferred to Scranton and usurps Andy's job.
- Nellie's actions cause Andy's anger problems to flare up again.
- Robert's flaky management reaches an all-time high when he accidentally shuts down one of the branches while drunk.
Free Family Portrait Studio
- Jo Bennet decides to liquidate Sabre due to Robert's bad management.
- Andy convinces David Wallace to buy Dunder-Mifflin back from Sabre and run the company.
- David makes Andy Regional Manager once again.
In 25 words of less: Jim and Pam's relationship faces serious problems while the shooting of the documentary comes to an end.
- Jim starts a business in Philadelphia without telling Pam after feeling that their lives have come to a halt.
- A member of the documentary crew speaks for the first time in the series.
- Kelly moved to Ohio and Ryan quit to go after her.
- Clark Green and Pete Miller are hired as Costumer Service Representatives.
- Pam becomes upset when she suspects that Jim is hiding something from her.
- Jim tells Pam about Athlead, she is still upset about his lying and reluctantly supports him.
- Andy discovers that his family is broke.
- Andy leaves on a sailing trip with his brother, Walter Jr.
- Jim starts working part-time at Dunder-Mifflin so he can spend part of the week in Philly to run his new business.
- The stress of Jim's partial move to Philadelphia starts to seriously affect his marriage.
- Brian, the boom operator for the documentary crew makes his first appearance.
- The promos for the documentary start to be released on the internet.
- The office workers are horrified to find out that the crew had obtained a lot of footage they were not aware of.
- Jim and Pam start couples counseling.
- Andy decides to porsue a career in the entertainment business.
- Angela divorces Robert after he comes out during a press conference.
Livin' the Dream
- Jim and Pam reconcile and Jim quits Athlead.
- David Wallace is enraged to learn that Andy spent 3 months sailing his family's boat.
- Andy decides to quit Dunder-Mifflin to focus on his artistic career.
- Wallace appoints Dwight as the new Regional Manager.
- The documentary finally starts airing.
- Dwight proposes to Angela, who then reveals that Phillip is his son.
- Dwight and Angela get married.
- Michael Scott makes a reappearance at the wedding, revealing that he is now a father and very happy in Colorado.
- Pam paints a new mural in the warehouse honoring the workers of Dunder-Mifflin.
- Erin meets her biological parents during a panel featuring the subjects of the documentary.
- Pam and Jim sell their house in order to move to Austin, TX, where Jim can take his job back at Athlead.
Aftermath of the series
- Michael: Living happilly with Holly and their children in Colorado.
- Jim and Pam: Moved to Austin so Jim could go back to Athlead (now Athleap).
- Dwight: Married to Angela, continues as Regional Manager.
- Angela: Married to Dwight, no longer working at Dunder-Mifflin.
- Oscar: Head of accounting and running for State Senate.
- Kevin: Was fired by Dwight due to poor job performance, owns a bar in Scranton.
- Toby: Moved to New York after being fired by Dwight.
- Meredith: Continues as Supplier Relations Rep. for Dunder-Mifflin Scranton.
- Creed: Faked his own death after the documentary aired. Was later discovered living in the office and was eventually arrested.
- Kelly and Ryan: Ran away together after Dwight's and Angela's wedding.
- Stanley: Retired and living in Florida.
- Phyllis: Continues as Sales Rep. for Dunder-Mifflin Scranton.
- Andy: After an embarrassing video of his audition for a reality singing competition went viral he quit the entertainment business and got a job at Cornell.
- Erin: Continues to work for Dunder-Mifflin.
- Nellie: Moved to Poland after the documentary aired. Adopted Ryan's baby.