Michael and Pam skip the Rochester branch to go up to Nashua, New Hampshire, where Michael tries to reunite with Holly Flax. Dwight and Jim are still trying to fix Kelly's birthday, which they completely missed.
Michael and Pam head to the Nashua branch to give a presentation, as well as having Michael find closure with Holly. When they arrive at the branch, they find that Holly is away on an HR retreat. They also learn that she is dating one of the salesmen there named A.J. (Rob Huebel), which deeply upsets Michael. Michael finds himself unable to give the presentation after hearing that news. Pam empathizes with Michael saying she felt the same way when Jim was dating Karen, but she kept her composure. She encourages Michael to do the best presentation possible so that people will tell Holly about it. They then go do their presentation, which starts off well, until Michael calls out A. J. about his relationship with Holly. Michael then leaves the room deeply upset, leaving Pam to do the rest of the presentation using Michael's techniques, which fails. Michael goes to Holly's desk and cuts off a sleeve of her sweater and puts it in his pocket. He looks on her computer and finds a file entitled "Dear Michael" and copies it to his flash drive. Later, at a diner, Michael tells Pam what he did and Pam says it was not a good idea to copy the file and that he should not read it, given that he would be violating her trust. Pam, however, volunteers to read it, and deletes it afterward. She says that the letter said that Holly still has feelings for Michael and that it's not over. Michael becomes happy and feels like he found closure.
Back in Scranton, Jim picks up a blank cake for Kelly, and later decorates it with her name spelled incorrectly. Dwight tries to find out why Kelly was in juvenile hall. Kelly explains that it was because her boyfriend at the time dumped her and she responded by stealing his father's boat. Kelly gets mad at Jim and Dwight for not having a theme. Jim and Dwight then wonder what Kelly's favorite things are so they can make a theme out of it. When the party starts, Jim and Dwight give Kelly the option of either watching TV or taking a nap for an hour. Kelly says she loves the theme and decides to take a nap in the conference room for an hour. Jim and Dwight enjoy the ice cream cake at the reception couch, which Dwight compliments him on for getting.
Angela comes in happier than usual because she bought a new cat with the money she received from selling her engagement ring. Kevin and Oscar are annoyed with the fact that Angela set a nanny cam up at her home so she can monitor them from work. Angela becomes rather distressed when one of her cats tries to have sex with her new cat, while Kevin, Oscar, Meredith, and Creed find it funny. She goes home to check on them, and Kevin and Oscar become disgusted with the image of Angela licking her cat on the monitor. Angela comes back to work and coughs up a cat hair, which is an image that Oscar claims will disturb him for the rest of his life.
- When Michael and Pam leave the Nashua office, the entire branch looks down on them from the windows. This is similar to how the Scranton branch looks down on people when interesting things happen.
- Michael has a Canadian flag sticker on his luggage which could likely be from his trip to Winnipeg in "Business Trip."
- Pam tosses chocolate bars into the audience during Michael's speech to the Utica office just as Michael did to Ryan's classmates in "Business School."
- Jim and Dwight forget to throw a birthday party for Kelly. This is the second time they have forgotten to do something for Kelly, the first being attending her America's Got Talent party, mentioned in "Customer Survey."
- When Michael walks in to do his presentation he screams out "GOOD MORNING VIETNASHUA" This is a reference to his speech in the episode "Dwight's Speech"
- At the end of the episode when Michael talks about how relieved he was to have closure with Holly, he suggests on a whim that he should apologize to Tony Gardner. Tony was a former employee from the Stamford branch who transferred to Scranton in "The Merger" that Michael fired when Tony tried to quit.
|Kevin's Loan||The Office: Season 5||The Outburst|
|#01||Weight Loss||#07||Business Trip||#13||Stress Relief||#19||Two Weeks||#25||Cafe Disco|
|#02||Business Ethics||#08||Frame Toby||#14||Lecture Circuit Part 1||#20||Dream Team||#26||Company Picnic|
|#03||Baby Shower||#09||The Surplus||#15||Lecture Circuit Part 2||#21||Michael Scott Paper Company|
|#04||Crime Aid||#10||Moroccan Christmas||#16||Blood Drive||#22||Heavy Competition|
|#05||Employee Transfer||#11||The Duel||#17||Golden Ticket||#23||Broke|
|#06||Customer Survey||#12||Prince Family Paper||#18||New Boss||#24||Casual Friday|