The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- See episode, Goodbye, Michael
- Dwight: [reading Michael's recommendation letter] "To whom it may concern." Good, real personal. Thanks Michael. "The dictionary defines superlative as: of the highest kind, quality, or order, surpassing all else, or others. Supreme." That's great. If I wanted the dictionary definition, I'd buy a dictionary. "I define it as Dwight Schrute. As a sales executive, as a leader, as a man, and as a friend, he is of the highest kind, quality, and order. Supreme." [holding back tears] Lots more like that, really repetitive. What's this? [pulls out a small card from the envelope and reads it] "Two forty five, behind the building. Paintball." Oooh yeah.
- Jim : So I've been meaning to tell you, I wanna take you out for lunch. For your last day.
- Michael : Oh...
- Jim: What do you think? Tomorrow? Lunch, you and me?
- Michael: Okay...
- Jim: You're not leaving tomorrow. You're leaving today, right?
- Michael: Maybe.
- Jim: Wow, so that's it, huh? Just four o'clock and you are gone for good.
- Michael: Why am I so sad? Am I doing the wrong thing?
- Jim: Absolutely not. It's just that sometimes...goodbyes are a bitch.
- Michael: [pulls out a tape recorder and speaks into it] T-shirt idea: "Goodbyes Stink." [puts tape recorder away] Okay, alright. So, James Halpert. [starts to cry] You started with this company as a fine young man...
- Jim: You know what I think we should do? I think we should just save the goodbyes for tomorrow. At lunch.
- Michael: Oh, okay.
- Jim: And then tomorrow, I can tell you...[tears up]...what a great boss you turned out to be. The best boss I ever had.
- Michael: [voice-over as he leaves the office in a cab, arrives at the airport, and goes through security] Well, got almost everybody, so...Holly's my family now. She's my family, and the babies that I make with her will be my children. The people that you work with are just, when you get down to it, your very best friends. They say on your deathbed, you never wish you spent more time at the office, but I will. Got to be a lot better than a deathbed. I actually don't understand deathbeds. I mean, who would buy that?
[Cut to Michael at last checkpoint putting his shoes back on] Well, I guess this is it. Hey, will you guys let me know if this ever airs? Thank you. All right...oh. [Removes the wireless mic from his jacket] This is gonna feel so good getting this thing off my chest. [Hands device over. No audio] That's what she said. Bye.
- [He walks a few steps until Pam, shoes in hand, catches up to him. The dialogue is not heard as they share a couple of hugs and a kiss on the cheek, and he walks down the airport as Pam looks on.]
- Pam : No, he wasn't sad. He was full of hope...about Colorado, and he was hoping to get an upgrade as an awards member. And he said he was just real excited to get home and see Holly.
- [Deleted Scene]
- Michael: Do you hate that I'm proud and brown, and standing here alive, with baby oil on my nubian thighs, I will survive, I will survive. [Quotes] Big Mama Angela. Let us do one last crossword as brothers.
- Stanley: [Hentai stash falls out, cuts to talking head] It's called Hentai, and it's art.
|Previous episode:||Current episode:||Next episode:|
|Michael's Last Dundies||Goodbye, Michael||The Inner Circle|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.