Dunder Mifflin Scranton is a branch of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company that is based out of Scranton, Pennsylvania in Lackawanna County. It is located at 1725 Slough Avenue in the Scranton Business Park, Suite 200. It is the main setting for the show The Office. It is filmed at Chandler Valley Center Studios in Los Angeles.
As revealed in Casino Night, the Dunder Mifflin Scranton warehouse - perhaps including the suite - is on a seven years lease from Beekman Properties. According to Dwight, the lease was at its fourth year at the time, which means the lease will end sometime during the year 2009 if not renewed. However, in Branch Closing it has been revealed that Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration bought the warehouse. It is unknown how the latter affects the lease of the warehouse and/or suite, and if the lease has been renewed.
Michael believes that Scranton is "the cool branch", like Animal House.
- Michael Scott - Former Regional Manager, Former President and founder Michael Scott Paper Company (Seasons 1-7)
- Deangelo Vickers - Former Regional Manager
- Andy Bernard
- Robert California- Former Regional Manager, Former Vice President Sabre (Season 8)
- Nellie Bertram- Former Regional Manager
- Jim Halpert - Sales Representative, Assistant Regional Manager, Former Co Manager
- Dwight Schrute - Sales Representative, Owner Scranton business park, Third in Command
- Pam Halpert - Sales Representative, Former Office Administrator, Former Receptionist
- Stanley Hudson - Sales Representative
- Phyllis Vance - Sales Representative
- Angela Martin - Accounting Supervisor
- Kevin Malone - Accountant, Former Temporary Receptionist
- Oscar Martinez - Accountant
- Kelly Kapoor - Former Customer Service Representative (character has left as of end of Season 8)
- Clark- Customer Service Representative
- Pete- Customer Service Representative
- Meredith Palmer - Purchasing/Supplier Relations
- Creed Bratton - Quality Assurance/Former Regional Manager
- Darryl Philbin - Former Warehouse Foreman, Overseer of Warehouse.
- Val- Warehouse Formean
- Nate- Warehouse Staff
- Lonnie Collins - Former Warehouse Staff
- Madge Madsen - Former Warehouse Staff
- Jerry DiCanio - Former Warehouse Staff; Has not appeared since Basketball in Season 1
- Philip - Former Warehouse Staff; Has not appeared since Season 3
- Calvin - Warehouse Staff
- Matt - Former Warehouse Staff
- Hide - Warehouse Staff
- Ryan Howard - Temp; Former Temporary Receptionist, Former Corporate Manager, Former Junior Sales Representative. (Left as of end of Season 8)
- Toby Flenderson - Human Resources Representative
- Kelly "Erin" Hannon - Receptionist
- Hank Tate - Security Guard
- Background employees
- Gabe Lewis - Coordinating Director for Emerging Region (Formerly, status unknown)
- Nellie Bertram- Special Projects Manager
- Martin Nash - Quit, Formerly in Supplier Relations (sat opposite Creed)
- Hannah Smoterich-Barr - Her complaints and concerns she had for Michael about being a working mother was not resolved so she quit ; Former Accountant (sat opposite Meredith)
- Miles - Quit to start his own company
- Roy Anderson - Fired for trying to assault Jim during work hours; Former Warehouse Staff
- Devon White - Laid off by Michael; Formerly in Supplier Relations
- Tony Gardner - Quit, but then fired by Michael
- Karen Filippelli - Moved to Dunder Mifflin Utica, Former Sales Representative
- Todd Packer - Promoted to Traveling Sales Manager; Former Sales Representative
- Holly Flax - Human Resources Representative, Sent back to Nashua Branch for not disclosing relationship with Michael Scott
- Tom Peets - Deceased, committed suicide; Former Accountant
- Ed Truck - Deceased, formerly Retired; Former Regional Manager
- Luanne - Unknown; disappeared
- Ronni - Former Receptionist; most likely fired by Michael because she was "boring"
- Gary Trundle - Former Warehouse Employee
- Marjorie -Unknown; disappeared
- Gabe Lewis - Fired after David Wallace buys the company from Sabre
The Office is rearranged at times due to additional employees or employee relations.
Changes in employees of Dunder Mifflin
The changes are sorted by most recent to least recent.
- Pam promoted herself to Office Administrator.
- Jim demoted himself to a salesman, and Darryl was put into his office by Jo.
- Gabe joined the Scranton branch, taking the desk between Toby and the break room.
- Jim moved Ryan into Closet.
- Jim moved to small Office in back left corner of main room. Creed moved to desk in front of Meredith.
- Ryan was demoted back to temp position.
- Ryan and Pam returned as Salesmen. Michael returned to previous position. Charles left.
- Erin replaced Kevin and became full-time receptionist.
- Pam and Michael quit. Charles replaced Michael and worked in the Conference room. Kevin temporarily replaced Pam.
- Ryan quit to go to Thailand.
- Toby returned
- Holly was relocated.
- Toby quit and went to Costa Rica. Holly replaced him.
- Ryan replaced Ronni.
- Ronni replaced Pam while she was in Art School.
- Karen moved to Utica, eventually becoming regional manager of the branch.
- Ryan was promoted.
- Hannah quit.
- Luanne disappeared.
- Martin quit.
- Tony quit but was then fired before negotiations were final.
- Scranton Branch/Stamford Branch Merger - Additional Employees (Martin, Andy, Jim, Tony, and Karen) are hired as a result.
- Jim left to work at Stamford Branch, Ryan moved into his former desk.
- Ryan moved into the Annex.
- Toby moved from behind Kelly to other side of annex.
- Devon was fired.
- Various background employees disappeared.