"Christmas Special, Part 2" was the second part of the Christmas Specials in the British Office. It is the series finale and won two Golden Globe Awards. Written and directed by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, and airing on the BBC on December 27, 2003, NBC commisioned an American Version days later. It would be the start of the hit American comedy, The Office: An American Workplace, in which the characters are based on the originals.
Connections to the American Office
The riddle David is posing to Tim and Gareth about a boy, his father and a car accident when Dawn returns and kisses Tim appeared at the beginning of Season 3's Initiation as of one many brain teasers Dwight asks Ryan (who states that he has heard it before) before taking him on his first out-of-office sales call.
- Ricky Gervais as David Brent
- Martin Freeman as Tim Canterbury
- Mackenzie Crook as Gareth Keenan
- Lucy Davis as Dawn Tinsley
- Patrick Baladi as Neil Godwin
- Ewen Macintosh as Keith "Big Keith" Bishop
- Joel Beckett as Lee
- Oliver Chris as Ricky Howard
- Stirling Gallacher as Jennifer Taylor-Clarke
- Sally Brenton as Donna
- Rachel Issac as Trudy