I am currently in a Fan Culture class at Salve Regina University doing a project on The Office Fandom. I would like to ask a few questions in hopes that some will enjoy answering. Thank you in advance for your participation!
1. How did you become a fan of The Office?
2. What activities do you participate in that makes you a fan of The Office? (ex. gathering with other fans to watch the show, online quizzes, buying merchandise, visiting Scranton)
3. Why are you a fan of The Office?
4. How does it make you feel when you watch The Office?
5. Would you say that there are expectations or social pressures within the community to be well versed in the intimate details of the series and its characters, and why or why not? In other words, is being highly knowledgeable of The Office, including different scenes, relationships, and references, critical to being a fan?
6. Would you say there is a competitive nature that has been created within the fan community due to the level of importance potentially placed on being knowledgeable on various components of the series? How and why?
7. The availability to stream The Office nearly a decade after its conclusion has potentially allowed for a second wave of the fandom to emerge. How do you think its availability on Netflix has encouraged the fandom to grow?
8. How many times have you watched the series? What keeps you coming back?
9. Who is your favorite character? Why and how do you connect to them?